REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 DISCHARGE (Click this link for DD214 Discharge Application)
3. Membership Dues Payment.
Dues,(Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
Or click on Gold badge of myLEGION.ORG top right corner of page and pay online.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you or picked up at any of our 1st Thursday of the month meetings.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
If you have served at least one day of federal active military duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
Click on the gold star "Application" menu button for an online application form.